Personal Narrative Essay Examples
The personal narrative essay is an opportunity for you to think and write about yourself. All of us have memories that we want to say to others, but sometimes they are mixed in with other memories, and this can make the pre-writing process very difficult. So reading through personal narrative essay examples can help you sort out your own thoughts and be able to come up with a plan to write your essay.
When you are writing a personal narrative essay, you are telling a story about something that happened to you. These types of college essays are written from a specific point of view, usually the writer’s, and there are specific sensory details, which are included in the essay that is meant to keep the reader’s attention. Most of the time the narrative essay makes a point within the first sentence of the introductory paragraph and is restated in the conclusion.
A personal narrative is written from the experiences of the writer, so it is in the form of a story. It is important to include the basics of storytelling; the plot, the character, the overall setting, the climax and the conclusion. It usually contains specific information that supports the main point of the essay. All of the details must relate back to the main topic of the essay.
A quick overview of what should be included in your personal narrative essay:
- Choose a topic that is important to you, and that has plenty of information and memories to use when writing your essay.
- Start your essay at the beginning of your memory or story. And use a first person perspective.
- Add any important details that will help solidify your story.
- Make your story come to life by using sensory details.
- Include any personal reflections you may have about the topic you are writing about.
- Take a final look at your essay and make sure it is clear of any grammar or spelling errors. And that everything flows throughout the story.
Personal Narrative Essay Example
Like most girls, I grew up dreaming of my wedding day. I would picture myself standing in front of my family and friends in a stunning white gown with a beautiful flower bouquet, and looking at the man of my dreams starring back at me. It almost felt like I was part of a fairy tale. The only part I didn’t figure out was how I was going to find the man of my dreams.
Personal narrative essay examples are widely available for free on the internet. Be sure not to plagiarize your essay, this can get you into big trouble. Plus, the more original your essay is, the more interesting your work may seem to the reader.