Writing a paper from a list of argument essay topics requires you to support your arguments with solid and compelling evidence. Your argumentation essay should be based on your personal insight and point of view, but you need to support your point of you with founded arguments, statistics and factual information.
Research your topic carefully and make a list of information for both sides of the argument. You will need to be prepared for any opposition you will receive from your argumentation essay. And if you can include the answers to many of the questions that your opposition will have within you essay, it will be easier to defend your point of view.
Here is a list of good argument essay topics:
- Does cheating help students learn?
- Should animals be used for scientific research?
- What are two sides to the death penalty? Does it help to deter crime?
- Should there be more done about domestic violence, or is it overly exaggerated?
- Should cell phone use be banned while driving?
- Should there be restrictions on cell phone use in public places such as movie theaters and restaurant?
- What should be done about teenage pregnancy?
- Is there too much violence in the media? Games, movies, and news?
Some college classes will require you to write an argumentative essay. Here are a few examples of what certain courses may require:
- Bioethics or Life Science
- Genetic Research
- Assisted Suicide
- Green Technology
- Government or History
- Health Care Reform
- Gun Control
- Animal Rights
- Gay Marriage
A proposal argument essay is a little different from normal essays. This type of essay defines a specific problem and presents a solution and convinces the reader that there is no other way the problem can be fixed. This type of essay is usually used to sell a specific product or service. A few ideas of proposal essay topics are:
- The causes of global warming.
- The Death Penalty
- Decreasing under-aged drinking
- Reducing school violence
The main thing to remember when you are writing your argument essay is to do your research and provide solid facts to support your stance on the issue. You want to look like you were prepared to write your essay, and not just throwing something together. Your efforts will definitely show in the end results.